PLEASE review bus rules with your child!!!
Your child’s safety while riding the school bus is important to us. We will review bus rules and safety procedures with all bus students this week. It is imperative that they know how they can help our bus drivers transport all Washington students to and from school safely. We ask that you take time as well to review the following safety procedures and expectations with your child.
- board and exit the bus in an orderly fashion
- listen to and obey the bus driver
- remain seated in the same seat at all times while the bus is in motion
- keep the noise level down
- not bother other passengers/keeps hands and feet to themselves
- not eat or drink on the bus
- never extend arms, hands, head or any object from bus windows
- treat the bus equipment with respect
- not throw objects inside or outside the bus
The primary purpose of these rules and procedures is for the safety of all of our students. Your child’s cooperation in following all rules is necessary to ensure that the driver is able to give full attention to the roadway and other drivers.
Please note that students that do not follow the rules may have their bus riding privilege suspended. It will then become the parent’s responsibility to get them to and from school.
We expect our students to be responsible, respectful, and safe on the bus too!
Please sign and return to school:
Student Name _________________________________________________
Student Signature ______________________________________________
Parent/Guardian’s signature _______________________________________
Date________________ Classroom _______________________________