Welcome to Grade 4 At Home Learning Resources!
During this time away from school, we know many families are looking for ways to continue learning at home. Below, you will find a variety of printable and online learning resources available to you. These enrichment opportunities are intended to support your child's learning at each grade level and across subjects, but are optional. This website will be updated weekly to add new enrichment opportunities.
Your child also has access to apps and websites that they may have used previously in school by logging into Clever. Each student has their own login information. Their username is their LASID or lunch ID. Their password is their Date of Birth in mmddyy format, so if your child’s birthday is April 3, 2012, then their password would be 040312.
Students will see some of the applications listed below:
typing.com, i-Ready, Google classroom, BrainPOP, CommonLit, Edulastic, FOSSweb, MyLexia, Newsela, Scholastic, ST Math, Vocabulary.com, Zearn, Lexia Core5, Lexia PowerUp, McGraw-Hill, Reading Plus, Sphero Edu, Tynker.
If your child is completing any of the enrichment activities at home, here are some time recommendations for each subject.
We know everyone’s schedule is different, so do what you want or what you can. These times do not need to be in a row/in order, but can be spread throughout the day/week.
(Read books, watch books read aloud, listen to a book, or complete online learning -
Lexia, iReady, etc.)
At least 20 minutes daily
(could be about science, social studies, etc)
Writing or Word Work or Vocabulary
20-30 minutes daily
30 minutes daily
45 minutes per week
30 minutes per week
Arts, Physical Education, or Social Emotional Learning
At least 30 minutes
Learning at Home Printable Packet
Scholastic Learn at Home: https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html
BrainPop: https://www.brainpop.com/ username: lowell123 password: brainpop123
BrainPop Jr.: https://jr.brainpop.com/ username: lowell123 password: brainpop123
This Brainpop account includes the original BrainPop, BrainPop Jr., BrainPop Spanish & French and BrainPop for EL students.
For additional family at home resources: https://go.brainpop.com/family/home
Click the link below for resources to support literacy while at home. There are reading suggestions, ways to talk about books, writing activities, and word work or vocabulary fun. Read and then pick 1-2 each day. Some of the writing may take multiple days as students write longer. Have fun!
Questions to ask before, during, and after listening to or reading a book: Grade 4 Read Aloud Questions for Families
Audible Stories - Audiobooks are now available at no charge using the link below. No log in required. Available on a phone, tablet, desktop, or laptop. https://stories.audible.com/start-listen
YouCubed Tasks - This website has math tasks by grade level: https://www.youcubed.org/tasks/
Free sign up
IXL Learning: https://www.ixl.com/
- You do not need to sign up or sign-in in order to use the website.
- On the front page, scroll down to find your child’s grade.
- Click on the number of skills next to the word Math.
- Click on an activity for your student to complete.
- During this time of review and enrichment, you might want students to start with activity one.
On the front page, click on the sticky note on the right hand side that says, “Ready to Try Xtramath Sign Up”.
- You can sign up using Facebook, Google, or Amazon, or you can enter your name, your email address, and create a password.
- On the next page click on, “No, I want to sign up for a new XtraMath account.”
- Click on the Button that says, “A new parent or teacher account.”
- Then click on the button that says, “I am a parent and I will use it with my own children.”
- Confirm that your name is correct and then choose your age at the bottom.
- Choose how you would like XtraMath to let you know how your student is doing, agree to their terms of service, and then click the sign up button.
- Next, click on, “:This child does not have an Xtramath account.”
- Choose your child's grade and their first name and give consent to XtraMath. When you are done click “Add”.
- The next page will be your parent dashboard. For your student to use the website, click on “Sign in as your student's name” in the upper right hand corner.
- At the top of the front page click “Parents”.
- Click “Parents, Sign Up For Free”.
- Create an account. You can sign in with Google, Facebook or your own email.
- Click “Parent”.
- Greg Tang Math Games: https://www.gregtangmath.com/games
- Sheppard Software Math Games: http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/math.htm
Printable Online Resources
IReady Printable Packets: Grade 4 iReady Math Packets
Full Optional Science System (FOSS) - Click here to access eBooks, streaming videos, and games: FOSSweb.com
Username: LowellGrade4 Password: LowellGrade4
Mim's House Books - Online science picture books for elementary students - free
- Click on the book that you would like.
- Under format, choose ebook.
- Choose “Add to cart”.
- Choose “Check Out”
- Fill in your contact information and then click “Continue to Payment”.
- Complete order and the e-book will be emailed to you.
Science Buddies - Hands-on STEM Activities for all ages: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/
Families do not need to sign up for Science Buddies. On the from page, click on STEM activities. The website will explain to you how to complete different STEM activities and the materials you need.
Mystery Science - Standards Based Science Lessons to do at home - free: https://mysteryscience.com/school-closure-planning
National Science Teaching Association - Interactive eBooks, available with free membership: https://www.nsta.org/ebooks/
American Museum of Natural History - Science website for kids
Live Bald Eagle Nest Cams - Watch bald eagles throughout the nesting process on high-def, livestream cameras
iCivics - Games to support civic engagement: https://www.icivics.org/games
Virtual Tours of National Parks - Kenai Fjords, Hawai’i Volcanoes, Carlsbad Caverns, Bryce Canyon, Dry Tortugas: https://artsandculture.withgoogle.com/en-us/national-parks-service/parks
Tsongas Industrial History Center - Play a game where you pretend to be a mill girl and have to make a series of choices: https://www.uml.edu/tsongas/bringing-history-home/page_00/
Smithsonian Institute - Fun stuff for kids online: https://www.si.edu/kids
Bill of RIghts Institute - Video resources for 8th grade civics: https://billofrightsinstitute.org/homework-help/
BrainPOP ELL is a learning resource to help support the language development of English Learners: https://ell.brainpop.com
username: lowell123 password: brainpop123
Online Interactive Lessons is an online resource for parents and educators to help children learn English using worksheets, games, videos, interactive video lessons and Powerpoint: http://www.english-4kids.com
International Children’s Digital Library is a free online library to help support children worldwide in becoming effective members of the global community: http://en.childrenslibrary.org/
Unite for Literacy has early learning ebooks available in more than 20 languages to help families celebrate culture, language and the love of reading: https://uniteforliteracy.com
Lunch With Mo Willems: https://www.kennedy-center.org/education/mo-willems/
Make Music with Chrome Music Lab: https://musiclab.chromeexperiments.com/
Learn to Draw with Muffalo Potato: https://www.youtube.com/user/muffalopotato
Art class with Cassie Stevens: https://www.facebook.com/cassiestephensart/
Get Dancing with Just Dance: https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEB&search_query=just+dance
Follow along Dances for Phys Ed: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTfstHhuPAlPaWHPTvleGPq99zPqCKPjQ
Jr. NBA Daily Challenges: https://www.facebook.com/jrnba/
Tools for Being Active at Home: https://openphysed.org/activeschools/activehome
Fitness Calendar for March: https://openphysed.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/03-CAL-DEAM-March-Final.pdf
Fitness Calendar for April: https://openphysed.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/04-CAL-DEAM-April-Final.pdf
Cosmic Kids Yoga: https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga
Social Emotional Learning
BrainPop Jr. Social Emotional Videos: https://jr.brainpop.com/health/
Social Emotional Choice Board: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uHVFr4EGcvNFxEiSrv9MXQOxaeBpb-QI/view