Suggested Music Enrichment Activities from Ms. McDermott
These activities are intended to last two weeks. Please complete any of the activities as you are able. Suggested pacing: 1-2 activities per week.
Sing Along (All Grades)
Here are the music activities for the week of June 8-12. Please do what you are able. As always, you may reach out to me with any questions or concerns at email@example.com
Kindergarten and Grade 1
Wendell the Narwhal Story
- Click on the link below to listen to Ms. McDermott read the story, Wendell the Narwhal
- After listening to the story, discuss the following questions with a family member:
- What was your favorite part of the story?
- What were some of the sounds the other sea animals made?
- What other animals make musical sounds?
- Optional challenge: Draw a picture of an animal that makes musical sounds
Pig and Duck Drawing Song
- Click on the video below to learn how to draw a pig and a duck using a drawing song
- After watching the video, draw the pig and duck by yourself
- Next, color in the pig and the duck and add details
- Idea: Draw the duck and the pig living on a farm
- Lastly, teach someone in your family the drawing song
Grade 3 and 4
Sevens Hand Clapping Pattern
- Click on the link below to watch Ms. McDermott teach “Sevens”
- Optional challenge: perform Sevens as fast as you can without making mistakes
The Goldfish Action Song
- Click on the link below to watch The Goldfish music video
- Copy the actions the people in the video do to act out the song
Hawaiian Rainbows Song
- Click on the link below
- Follow along with Ms. McDermott
- After watching the video, try singing it by yourself
- Click on the link below to view the song lyrics