Shaughnessy Second Grade Remote Learning Support
Please use this as a resource to support the Lowell Public Schools Remote Learning Resources. We wanted to provide you with examples and choices of activities that would help our students and families meet the Lowell Public Schools Remote Learning Model of suggested learning per week. We suggest that you choose one activity per learning area under the LPS Remote guidelines.
Literacy/Phonics (10-20 minutes a day)
Reading (At least 20 minutes a day--choose one option per day)
- When reading, students should think about reading and get ready for summer.
- When reading, students can reflect back on what they learned during the year.
- Begin a summer reading plan (page 3 of week 12 packet).
- Read the story, The Last Day of School. Write a letter to your teacher and tell her all about your second grade experience.
- Word Work: Complete the word activities for word endings.
Writing (20 minutes a day)
Students can complete their writing on seperate piece of paper, see-saw, or send pictures to their teachers on DOJO
- Grade 2 is writing narrative stories.
- Grade 2 Narrative Writing Choice Board - Visit the online option for an interactive board with tutorials. Use the anchor charts to help you write your own small moment narrative story.
Math (30 minutes a day)
- The focus this week is Fractions
- LPS Week 11 Packet: Complete ONE Application Problem Daily
- Pick at least 3 additional math worksheets to do daily from the packet
- Work on Iready Math and Zearn
- Work on Iready Math and Zearn
Science (30 minutes per week--below are suggestions that you can chose for your activity)
- Brainpop.com login
- username: lowell123
- password: brainpop123
- Stem Activity: Paper Plate Marble Run (page 40 of week 12packet)
- Model of a bee feeding on a flower (page 41-42 week 12 packet)
Social Studies (30 minutes a week)
LPS Week 12 Packet: Read about children from all different countries (page 47-52 week 12 packet). After reading, write a letter to one of these children welcoming them to their new class and describe what learning will be like both at home and in school.
Arts, Physical Education, or Social Emotional Learning (30 minutes a day)
- Lowell Public Schools Social Emotional Learning
- Mr. Rogers' PE Activities
- Ms. Lysz's Art Activities
- Ms. McDermott's Music Activities
EL Support (All students are able to use this section for extra activities)
- LPS Week 12 Packet: Complete one activity each day. Grid is on the last page of the packet
If You Need to Reach Your Teacher....
Contact your teacher on either e-mail, Class Dojo, or Google Voice (if they are using it) and they will set up the best way to help you and your child.
Mrs. Cummiskey 10:00 - 11:00 AM firstname.lastname@example.org/dojo/google voice 978-656-1761 Mrs. Conklin 10:00-11:00 AM Dojo first, then email email@example.com Mrs. Chakarian 11:00-12:00AM Dojo first, then email firstname.lastname@example.org Miss Barr 11:00 AM-12:00 PM Primary: DOJO; Secondary email: email@example.com; third: (774) 469-0615
Special Ed Services
Mrs. Blaschke- 11:00 AM - 12 PM office hours/ firstname.lastname@example.org/ClassDojo/(978) 482-7395
English Language Services
Mrs. Geiger- Class Dojo, email@example.com
Other Services- If your child works with these teachers, feel free to reach out to them.
Speech- Ms. Mahoney- Class Dojo, firstname.lastname@example.org ,Google Voice 978-419-1539
OT- Mrs. Villarroel- Class Dojo, email@example.com ,Google Voice 978-561-6193
Mrs. Espinola - firstname.lastname@example.org / phone: 978-337-8426
Mrs. Rabias - email@example.com/DoJo/phone(978) 226-3931
Math Resource Teacher
Mrs. Brown- Class Dojo, Sbrown@lowell.k12.ma.us , Google Voice 978-226-8234
Ms. Maniscalco- Class Dojo, Lmaniscalco@lowell.k12.ma.us
Ms. Lysz- Class Dojo, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Rogers- email@example.com
Ms. McDermott- Class Dojo, firstname.lastname@example.org , (978) 710-8619 Google