LPS REOPENING PLAN - FALL 2020
The Lowell Public Schools reopening plan is about safely maximizing options for families. LPS will offer a remote learning option, as well as an in-person option as long as health data continue to support physically being in our buildings.
This report will help provide families with the information necessary to make this decision.
No matter the option you choose - remote or in-person - a high quality education is a fundamental civil right of every child we serve. Families and students who have historically been underserved have had a voice in the planning process and will have their needs met.
We have held many information sessions to go over the reopening plan. Click here to watch a recording of one of the sessions, or to see the slideshow presentations.
- Reopening Report
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Message from Superintendent Boyd
- Considering Your Options for 2020-2021
- How to Select Your School Placement
- Remote Learning Option
- In-Person Learning Option
- Meal Service
- August 19 - The opt-in form for in-person learning will be made available on this date and sent to families.
- August 27 - The last date for families to submit the opt-in form for in-person learning.
- September 4 - Starting on this date, families will be notified of their school placement.
- September 17 - First day of school, pending approval from the state.