Scroll Down For the LHS Reopening Survey Links
Dear Lowell High School Families
As we continue planning for the return of students to in-person learning on April 26, we ask that this survey be completed for each student at Lowell High School whether they plan to attend in-person or remain remote. We will use the information to assist us in finalizing plans for the remainder of the school year.
Being in the building is not a return to normal and we want to be transparent about what the in-person experience would look like:
- Everyone must properly wear a mask at all times.
- Students must bring charged Chromebook and headphones to school.
- Students will have a 10-minute scheduled mask break each day.
- Lockers are not in use.
- Movement between classes is regulated to include one-way bridges and hallways (FA).
- Students are not able to meet in groups and must maintain 3ft-6ft of social distancing at all times.
- Students must clean their individual desks when entering and exiting the classroom.
- Depending on the number of students returning, there is a possibility of a hybrid schedule (2 days in; 3 days remote).
- The schedule would rotate daily and the first 5 periods would be in-person with a grab and go lunch (at 12:20) and a return home for the last two periods of the school day.
- No lunches will be consumed in the cafeteria.
- We continue to partner with LRTA to meet the transportation needs of our in-person learners, more information will be forthcoming.
- All members of the school community must follow all of the safety precautions.
The survey lists the information provided above and asks you to indicate whether you want your child to be in-person or to remain remote.
We respectfully request that you discuss this issue with your child and complete the survey by Thursday, March 25, 2021. Once the survey data is reviewed, we will finalize plans and share them out with you.
Thank you for your attention to this matter. We truly appreciate your continued support.
Michael Fiato, Head of School