Lowell Public Schools would like to invite you to participate in a survey about what qualities you would like to see in the next Superintendent. Please consider sharing your thoughts as your voice matters.
Lowell Public Schools would like to invite you to participate in one or more of the Focus Groups that have been scheduled to provide feedback regarding qualities you would like to see in the next Superintendent. Please view the schedule which details dates, times and locations for each of the sessions. It is important to note that each session has specific participants representing various groups.
Blue Ribbon Search Committee
On behalf of the Lowell School Committee, we invite you to submit the name(s) of your representative(s) to serve on the Blue Ribbon Superintendent Search Committee. We also invite members of the public who wish to serve in the at large positions to submit a letter of interest. The committee will screen application packages, select candidates for initial interviews and conduct interviews with candidates.
Please submit the name(s) of your representative(s) or a letter of interest to the Office of the Superintendent, Attn: Blue Ribbon Committee, 155 Merrimack Street, Lowell, MA 01852 or e-mail them to email@example.com.
Responses must be received in my office not later than Wednesday, March 13, 2019. A proposed slate of members for the Blue Ribbon Committee will be presented to the school committee for its approval.
All search committee members must be available for an orientation conducted by the Massachusetts Association of School Committees on Tuesday, March 26 at 7:00 p.m.
- Timeline for the Blue Ribbon Search Committee and Selection of a Superintendent
- Blue Ribbon Search Committee Meeting Dates
Blue Ribbon Committee Invitees Include:
- United Teachers of Lowell (4 Representatives)
- Lowell School Committee (3 Representatives)
- Lowell School Administrators Association (2 Representatives)
- UMass Lowell President or Designee
- Middlesex Community College or Designee
- Parents (3 Representing Elementary, Middle and High School)
- A Representative from the Community at Large
- A Representative from the Clerical Union
- A Representative from the Cambodian Community
- A Representative from the African Community
- A Representative from the Latino Community