The LPS Family Leadership Institute, in partnership with The City of Lowell Health Department Substance Use Prevention Division, will be offering FREE Youth Mental Health First Aid Workshops to parents of LPS students. The 6.5 hour workshop will be offered in two sessions. There is an instructor led, in-person 2-day session or a 2-day virtual session. All workshops will have translation services offered.
Why Mental Health First Aid?
Youth Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental health and substance-use challenges among children and adolescents ages 12 -18.
What Mental Health First Aid Covers is as follows:
- Common signs and symptoms of mental health challenges in this age group, including anxiety, depression, eating disorders and attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD).
- Common signs and symptoms of substance-use challenges.
- How to interact with a child or adolescent in a crisis.
- How to connect the youth with help.
- Expanded content on trauma, substance-use, self-care and the impact of social media and bullying.