SSC Minutes 5/19/17
Posted by Devon Mello on 5/19/2017
1) The Lincoln School students, teachers and staff will have a professional group picture taken by O'Connor's studio for presentation as a thank you gift to Macom.
2) The garden team planned to meet with Mill City Grows to discuss the following:
- a) How to engage the community for use of 8-10 beds.
- b) The Lincoln school will have 5 beds. We will have to schedule families to care for them during the summer months. A schedule, instructions, etc. will have to be created.
3) Upcoming events:
- a) The art show/ ice cream social was scheduled for Thursday 5/25.
- b) Scholastic book fair was scheduled for May 30 - June 1 .
- c) Team discussed ideas on how to capitalize on students' family strengths: There could be a hobby/career day with the focus on 4th graders. Kim L. is looking into a spaghetti dinner.
4) Next Year Plans
- a) Lincoln School will begin a Home Visit Program next year. The plan is for two teachers to go to homes (with kits) to train kindergarten students on how to study, etc. while involving the parents.
- b) Hold a Back to School Meeting with parents, students, teachers and staff on the first Thursday night: Have a pot luck and sign up sheet for 21st century clubs, etc. Could also have a fire truck, movies, etc.
5) There will be Summer School and special clubs programs in the summer.
6) New Procedures for Arrival Patterns for Next Year
- a) No morning clubs.
- b) Doors will open at 8:30 AM, no early admittance (bus schedule should be OK)
- c) We will have to coordinate drop offs, multiple breakfast stations, different entry doors.
- d) No drive through for arrivals/dismissals?
- e) How do we prevent parents, etc. from parking in teachers' spots
- f) Before/after school care- parents pay? CTI?
7) Next/final meeting of the school year is scheduled for Friday June 16, 2017 at 2:45 PM.