We offer free classes to Greater Lowell adults in:
- High School Equivalency (HSE) Classes: These classes prepare students to earn a High School credential by taking either the GED or the HiSET exam. A high school credential is accepted by colleges and employers in all 50 states. To be eligible to take HSE classes, you must be a Greater Lowell resident, be at least 16 years old and have formally withdrawn from school.
- Our morning program is at our main Center, 408 Merrimack Street, and meets Monday - Friday, 9am - 12pm. You must be able to attend every day.
- Our evening program is at Lowell High School and meets Monday & Wednesday nights, 6pm - 8:45 pm.
- Wilson Reading: This class is for adult low readers. It meets Monday and Wednesday nights, at Lowell High School. If interested, please call the main office 978-937-8989, for more information.
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Classes: ESOL classes are for adult learners whose native language is not English. Students are placed in introductory, beginning or intermediate classes to improve their reading, writing and speaking skills. All instruction is in English. Students must be at least 18 years old.
- Our morning program is at the Main Center and meets Monday - Friday, at 9am - 10:30am OR 11:00 - 12:30pm.
- Our evening program is at Lowell High School, Monday & Wednesday nights OR Tuesday & Thursday nights, from 6pm - 8:45pm .
More Questions? Check our FAQ page.