- Adult Residents of the Greater Lowell area. This includes the residents of Lowell, Billerica, Chelmsford, Dracut, Dunstable, Tewksbury, Tyngsboro and Westford.
- For High School Equivalency classes (GED/HiSET) students must be at least 16 years old. Students who are between 16-19 years old, must have formally withdrawn from high school.
- For ESOL Classes, students must be 18 years old and older.
Everyone will be required to show an ID and proof of address before starting classes.
Registration will open August 1, 2022 for the 22-23 School year. Links to the Registration form are on the home page of our website. For those who can not register online, appointments will be available in person or by phone.
Registration remains open until Spring 2023.
If classes are full, students will be placed on a waiting list. Students will be invited to start classes when space is available.
Please go to our "How to Register Page" for detailed information.
We offer in-person morning classes at the Abisi Adult Education Center, located at 408 Merrimack Street, and Evening Classes at Lowell High School (50 Father Morissette Boulevard). In-person HSE classes are also available at CTI in the mornings. In-person ESOL classes are available at CMAA, mornings and evenings. (
We also offer Remote Classes in the Mornings and Evenings.
- Morning classes begin in September and run until June. We enroll students, on a space available basis, throughout the school year.
- Evening classes begin in late September or early October, and run until mid-May.
- We follow the Lowell Public Schools calendar for holidays and vacations.
Candidates must pass a High School Equivalency Test. In Massachusetts, there are two test options: the HiSET or the GED.
AAEC offers HSE classes to help adults prepare for either of these exams.
AAEC is an official Test Center for GED and HiSET.