How do I earn my High School Credential?

Posted by:

Residents of Massachusetts can earn their High School Equivalency (HSE) Credential by passing the GED or the HiSET exam; or by  passing all subject tests from a combination of both exams.  This credential is viewed as the equivalent of a high school diploma by virtually all colleges and employers.  If a candidate is considering the military, they should check with their recruiter to see if there are specific entrance requirements. 

As of February 2023, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts provides voucher codes for Massachusetts residents testing appointments for both exams.   Voucher Codes can be found on this DESE webpage.