Welcome to the Nurse's Office! This page shares important information from the nurse.
To prevent the spread of illness, the following guidelines are in place. We will send your child home if he or she comes to school sick.
Children must remain home if they have any of the following:
- A contagious illness like strep throat, until the child has been on antibiotics for 24 hours.
- A rash or skin condition not diagnosed by a doctor.
- A fever that causes chills, sweating or muscle aches.
- Temperature over 100.0 degrees within the past 24 hours.
- Vomiting or diarrhea within 24 hours.
- Red or pink eyes or drainage from eyes. (Do not bring your child to school until the day after treatment begins)
- Head lice.
- Have been notified by the school nurse/health department that immunizations are not up to date. (Exclusion notice is given after the 3rd warning)
Please remember that the best way to prevent the spread of infection is good handwashing.
If you have any questions, please call your school nurse at (978) 937-7635.