Welcome to the Family Resource Center
Your Voice Matters!
Community Circles on Issues in 21st century education
Have an opinion on education in Lowell? What do you think is good? What could be better? Community Circles are your chance to join the community in conversations about issues in education. We provide food, childcare, interpreters, and materials.
Register online at www.yourvoicematterslowell.org
Upcoming Community Circles
CMAA 10/12 10-12 465 School Street, Lowell
CTI 10/18 5:30-7:30 155 Merrimack Street
About Our Department
The mission of the Family Resource Center is to assist parents, guardians and students in accessing the educational services of the Lowell Public Schools and other community resources as well as to provide the services necessary to effectively and efficiently implement Lowell’s Voluntary Revised Desegregation and Educational Improvement Plan. The Family Resource Center is devoted to making a parent's introduction to the Lowell Public Schools a positive experience.
- Maximizes parental choice and promotes school desegregation.
- Assists parents in making informed educational choices for their children.
- Strives to maintain a sensitive and caring environment.
- Acts as a resource for families.
- Translates and disseminates printed materials in multi-languages.
- Assigns all PreK-8 students throughout the school system.
- Keeps accurate records of all student assignments in grades PreK-8.
- Formulates an on-going communication network with Principals, special program administrators and agency/organization directors in disseminating student registration information.
- Participates in the collection of all information necessary for the development of a complete student database. This information will include tracking demographic data as well as formulating enrollment projections.
- Assists in the preparation of all required reports for local and state reporting pertaining to the implementation of the Student Assignment Policy as well as the annual enrollment data.
- Oversees the enrollment assessment of student’s language skills and communicates results to the schools.
- Works closely with the Attendance Office and schools to help reduce truancy.
Rebecca A. Duda
151 Merrimack Street
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Thursday Evenings: 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Summer Hours: 8:00 am - 3:00 pm