The mission of the James F. Sullivan School, while working in partnership with family and community is to engage all students in the process of learning in a safe and positive environment. By the time students are promoted from 8th grade, they will perform at or above grade level in all content areas.
The school will do so by delivering tiered-instructional, standards based lessons to all while attending to the expansion of learning of high growth students and ensuring continued growth for high needs categories.
The James F. Sullivan School believes:
- A quality school bases all its decisions on what is best for children.
- People need a safe, nurturing, and harassment free environment.
- Every person has an inherent worth and can learn.
- Learning is a partnership between student, school, home, and the community.
- The ability to work individually and as a team is vital to creating life long learners.
- Emotional and social development is integral to academic achievement; people are responsible for their choices and results oft those choices
- Respect for self and others promote a caring learning community
The Core Values that drive our words and actions are:
- Commitment to Lifelong Learning