Grade 4 Music
In Grade 4, students are involved in a deeper study of music. They are using music notation to perform, are using more harmonies when singing and are performing more complex rounds. The focus on this grade is to deepen their understanding of the elements of music and to apply them when performing.
Fourth Grade students have one concert during the year. Flyers go home weeks in advance so families can make arrangements to attend if possible.
Practice materials for our Fourth Grade Concert can be found below.
Choose a song from the options below. Sing any part of the song or the whole song. After you practice, take a video of yourself singing your part with the background music and send it to me through my google voice number 781-951-4511.
This assignment is approximately 15 minutes long.
If you would rather send it through another method or have a question, please contact me by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by google voice (781-951-4511) and I will provide an alternative method to do so.
Please download the audio files and lyrics so you can complete them. If you have trouble, contact Mrs. Katz.
- Things to think about: Pay attention to when you start singing each part
Don't Worry, Be Happy
- Things to think about: Pay attention to the rhythm of each verse
We Are the Champions
- Things to think about: Make sure you are using your dynamics (volume) for each phrase and really let it ring during the chorus! Make sure the rhythm during the chorus is correct!
We Will Rock You
- Things to think about: Make sure the rhythm during each verse is correct!
I'm A Believer
- Things to think about: Make sure you know when to start singing each part.