LHS PHYSICS CLUB
STARTING IN 2013-2014
Have fun learning physics and accomplish one or more of the following: Learn how to work with others and learn from others, develop your math skills, make a hypothesis and frame it in a testable way, design experiments and collect data, analyze data and test your hypothesis, write and think like a scientist, contributor to a first publication, apply for scholarships and get accepted to really good schools.
1) Students from all grades are welcomed.
2) After school group project based efforts, times and days project and group directed,
3) Monthly full club get-togethers for feasting, socializing, posters, group presentations or outside speakers.
5) Physics without Boarders volunteers
6) Elected Club Leaders
1) The Physics of Paper Air Planes
2) Design & Measurement of Water Rockets and their Performance
3) Theory and Experiments to Explain Siphons
4) Experiments in Light and Vision, Moiré Patterns & Fractals
Want to learn more or join? See one of the participating teachers:
Mr Nekrasz (RM 330), Mr Dominguez (RM 326), Mr Plourde or Dr Jumper (RM 321)