Expectations for Student Learning
Lowell High School expects all students…
- To attain an understanding of the educational standards, core knowledge, skills, and concepts defined by the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks.
- To take increasing responsibility for educational decisions on a daily and long-term basis.
- To complete academic work both independently and cooperatively in a productive manner.
- To think critically and solve problems using inductive and deductive reasoning.
- To read effectively and communicate ideas and information using a variety of formats.
- To develop an ability to use a variety of mediums—including the creative and the technological—in the process of learning, and demonstrate their acquired learning through use of those mediums.
- To demonstrate respect for individual differences and appreciation for the diversity of a multicultural world.
- To understand and demonstrate a sense of community.