INFORMATION FROM THE LOWELL HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Coronaviruses are respiratory viruses and are generally spread from person-to-person, when an infected person coughs or sneezes, similar to the flu.
The symptoms of this infection include:
- Difficulty breathing
Protect yourself and others:
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose, and eyes with unwashed hands
- Cover your coughs or sneezes with a tissue or your sleeve (not with your hands)
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect surface area frequently
- Stay home from work or school if you are sick
These are the same recommendations that we would encourage you to practice in order to stay healthy during any flu or respiratory virus.
If you have any additional questions or concerns on this matter, please call 978-674-4320 or submit your question/concern using our online form. If you have any health-related questions, please call the Lowell Health Department at 978-674-4010.