COVID positive test results procedure and
CLOSE CONTACT general information
If you are notified by a staff member or student (or their guardian) that a student or staff member has tested positive for COViD-19, please do the following:
- Immediately call:
- Assistant HR Director, Daroth Yann, at 978-674-2046 or District Safety Coordinator, Marianne Busteed, at 978-429-7970. Daroth/Marianne will review the next steps with you. Do not share or discuss employee or student health information with anyone other than your school nurse and HR/DSC.
- Inform your school nurse and/or the health department at 978-674-4308 with the following information:
- Identity of the known positive case (confirmed test results - these can be sent by email or text as a screenshot) as a staff member or student
- When was the positive test result received?
- When were the first signs of COVID symptoms?
- Name of any school staff or students who may be considered “close contacts”?
- When was the individual last in the school setting?
- Student: Grade level, or Staff Member: Job Title
- Send out COVID positive letter to all families and staff in your school community, copy Linus Guillory and Marianne Busteed
If a staff member or student is deemed a close contact (cumulative contact of 15 mins or more within 6’of an infectious individual over a 24 hour period) per the health department, the following information is requested as verification:
- Letter/notice from the health department indicating the employee is a close contact including the last day of contact with COVID positive individual and return to work date, if available.
- Decision on whether the staff person will work remotely during the quarantine period - this must be approved by the principal and Dr. Guillory.
- If a staff member is not feeling well, they should stay home sick and follow-up with their doctor, and then inform their supervisor. Please remind staff/students to stay home if they are awaiting COVID testing results.
The full guidance can be found here: https://www.mass.gov/guidance/information-and-guidance-for-persons-in-quarantine-due-to-covid-19 .
*** Note: All information official information regarding quarantine days, return to work dates, etc. should be through the health department, tracer or school nurse.