About Our Department
The Early Childhood Department
- Inspires families to discover and develop their child’s talents
- Empowers parents to become active participants in their child’s learning.
- Engages parents, early educators, and community partners in collaborating to support young children and their families’ development prior to kindergarten.
The Lowell Early Childhood Department has four objectives:
- Engage families in educating their children at home, school, and in the community.
- Support early childhood community and educators in providing adequate, equitable, and safe early learning programming through public and private partnerships and on-going collaborative professional development.
- Provide authentic learning opportunities to young children in formal and informal settings to support development of the whole child.
- Foster children’s language, literacy, social & emotional, physical, and cognitive development through rich content at home, in school, and in the community.
Lisa Van Thiel
Early Childhood Coordinator
Early Childhood Specialist