Open Circle is an evidence-based social and emotional learning (SEL) program for Kindergarten through Grade 5. Open Circle is a whole-school approach that includes training for all adults in the school community – teachers, administrators, counselors, support staff and families – to learn how to teach, model, and reinforce prosocial skills throughout the school day and at home.
Benefits of Open Circle:
- Unites schools with common vocabulary
- Improves school climate
- Increases students’ use of prosocial and critical thinking skills
- Reduces negative behaviors such as peer exclusion, bullying and fighting
- Strengthens educators' SEL skills
- Buys back time for academics through proactive behavior management