CALENDAR OF EVENTS
FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER'S PARENT ACADEMY
The Parent Academy is a new iniatitive offered by the Family Resource Center for the parents of the Lowell Public Schools. Parents are vital to a child's success in school. Children whose parents take an active role in their education achieve at a higher level.
There are several different ways parents may engage in their child's education:
- Helping their child with their homework
- Attending parent open houses
- Asking their child how the school day went
- Communicating with their child's teachers
- Providing a safe place at home for their child to complete schoolwork
- Modeling good study habits and a passion for learning
- Participating in school committees, councils or PTOs
The Family Resource Center aims to provide parents with several different programs to help parents become active in their child's education.
Check our Calendar of Events as we continue to build our resources and outreach to families.
We look forward to building stronger relationships with our families and children.