Who is Eligible?
If you have a child who is a resident of Lowell and will be 4 years old by September 1, 2017 (born between September 2, 2012 and September 1, 2013), your child is eligible to start preschool in September 2017.
The following information is important:
Date: May 1 through May 12, 2017
Time: Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Please bring the following documents to the Family Resource Center at:
151 Merrimack Street
Lowell, MA 01852
- Parent or Guardian Photo ID
- Birth Certificate (issued by a city or town)
- Updated Immunization Record (from doctor or clinic)
- Proof of Address (i.e. current utility bill received in last 30 days in name of parent or guardian registering child)
- IEP with pages signed, if applicable
What is Preschool?
- Provides hands-on activities and play experiences for young children to develop their language, motor, cognitive and social/emotional skills.
- Encourages parents and families to participate in the various programs and school activities offered by the Early Childhood Department.
- Offers a five day per week program with AM or PM sessions available. Classrooms are staffed by Certified Early Childhood Teachers. Transportation is not provided to/from the program.
- Provides an average class size of 15 students with one teacher and one paraprofessional.
- A full-day/full-year preschool option at the Lowell Collaborative Preschool Academy is also available. This program has eligibility requirements for enrollment.
Please Note: The two week registration period is viewed as one day of registration. You are NOT required to register on the first day in order to be considered eligible. Please consider coming at any time during the two week period to avoid long lines.
Contact the Early Childhood Department if you have questions about Lowell’s Preschool Programs at: 978-674-4330.